Tuesday 1 March 2016

ESE ORURU, HER ABDUCTOR NOW WITH IG IN

Ese Oruru, the Bayelsa-born teenager, and Yunusa her alleged abductor, were this morning, flown to Abuja by the office of the Assistant Inspector General of Police Zone 1.
 Rabilu Ringing, police spokesman told Vanguard on telephone that the duo were taken to the Inspector General of Police, who will handover the 14 years old girl to her family. Ese Rabilu said “the girl and the boy have been flown to Abuja headquarters of the Nigeria Police for proper handing over to her parents”.

He was however silent on the fate of Yunusa, the alleged abductor , who was flown to Abuja with Ese.

Mr. Charles Oruru, Ese ’s father who spoke to Vanguard in Yenagoa, yesterday said: “Without the support of the media and civil society groups, there is nothing I could have done. Left to the police, the matter would have died a natural death and  she would have been lost in Kano. We are praying for her return so that we can all celebrate.
“If they bring my daughter back successfully, I will be very happy. I am like a fish out of water. I have not been myself since she was forcibly taken away from us. “Whenever I think of her, I shed tears. She is only a minor. She was taken away when she  was 13 years old, but she is now 14. I do not have many children and the few I have, I make sure I take good care of them because I know they will be great in future."

Earlier today Tosan Blessing, a lecturer in Bayero University, Kano in a facebook post confirmed her release.

” I can confirm that Ese Oruru the girl abducted in a kamikaze pattern from Bayelsa State by a randy Yinusa is in the custody of the Inspector General of Police. I saw her at the Central Police Station about 30 mins ago where she was being prepared for medical procedure and ancillary services. I spoke with her for about 16 minutes, She looks opinionated and seriously brehwared. but well oriented and wanting to leave Kano.

“She had said it was all the works of the Devil. She said she was converted to Islam and giving the name Aisha. I told her she is now being reconverted and her name of Ese is restored. She cant speak Ijo but smarts Urhobo . I gave her some cold drinks and Zebadinne fresh yoghurt to cool the ehware tract and went back to my academic Duties. My names are Tosan Blessing Merhiakpome Harriman and that’s the way I see it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment