Thursday 9 June 2016

OVERCHARGING :FCMB CUSTOMER STRANDED IN DUBAI

A customer with FCMB  is presently lamenting the indiscriminate charging system of the bank which was contrary to their initial negotiations.  This development has left her stranded in Dubai.

HER EXPERIENCE
I opened an account with FCMB on 31st May 2016 based on recommendation from a colleague who used his atm card for transactions in Dubai. 

I was told by FCMB customer service team that I would have my card activated for the period of time I would use in Dubai (short visit) 

FCMB also notified me that I would be charged 240(two hundred and forty)naira as service charge per transaction. Which I thought was ok. 

Now I'm in Dubai, I was unable to withdraw yesterday. After countless efforts to use the machine, I resolved to using Pos. 

I bought some things worth 930dhs and paid using Pos. Note that exchange rate is 94 naira to 1 dhm. 

Instead of N87,000, I was debited N97,000
That's 10,000 naira charge compared to 240 naira I was told. 

I have sent a mail to them but no reasonable response yet from FCMB . 
Now I'm even more scared to use my card cos I do not know the amount I would be charged again and it's making me stranded . 

Please I am using this as a means of reaching FCMB cos I cannot over emphasize on the power of social media. 

FCMB should tell me why I would be charged 10,000naira as opposed 240 naira for a Pos transaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment