Sunday 7 July 2013

‘Ogun Governorship Not a Do-or-die Affair’


A governorship aspirant in Ogun State , Hon. Sikirulai Olawale Ogundele, who is also a two-term lawmaker at the State House of Assembly, where he represented Ifo Constituency I,  has declared that the 2015 governorship election in the state will not be a do-or-die affair.
Ogundele,  who also served as chairman, Ifo Local Government Area of the state in 2007, stated this in Abeokuta, the state capital , while declaring his intention to  contest under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), with a promise to give the state a face-lift.
“The (2015) race is not going to be do-or-die affair. It is God’s dream and the electorate are my godfathers. If I don’t contest, people will ask me why have I not come to reciprocate my success in Ifo, Ogun State. It is our turn in Egba,” he stated at a meeting with journalists where he made his intention known, saying  if that fails,  it would not come to Egba in the next 24 years.
He said he’s contesting under PDP platform but not in the hands of those he described as  unfaithful party members, stating “I am contesting on the platform of the PDP that is nationally recognised. PDP is my party and I will be committed to my party.”
According to Ogundele, “I am aware of the OGD camp, comprising GNI, Sina Kawonise, Hon Sarafa Tunji Isola; they are credible, but I am more credible than they do. We are not in the same level. The party leaders know our pedigree, antecedents and they know whom to pick.
“Money is just secondary to winning election these days. My credibility is more than billions of naira. If somebody tells you PDP is dead in this state, you must definitely check that person. PDP is waxing stronger.”
While speaking on Governor Ibikunle Amosun’s government, he said Amosun is running a penny-wise pounds-foolish administration and policies.
“His (Amosun) policies have always been penny-wise-pounds-foolish, he makes policies and reverses them. He promised to make education free; if you make education free,  it will not be qualitative.
“At a time, Ogun State tax payers became the highest tax payers. He revokes the certificate of occupancy of many and killed businesses in the state. His policies are anti-people, obnoxious,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment